I have been thinking to share this one for a while. I can’t remember how I got this one. Hmm, I probably bought it during Xmas holiday. In general, I love The Body Shop products, especially their body butter and scrubs. Have your tried the honeymaina body scrub? It’s pure heaven. You will get baby skin after that, smooth like silk.
I have tried their mask products before. However, I wasn’t very impressed. This one is different. It was a very pleasant surprise. The mask is designed to hydrate and plump the skin and leave a soft, dewy and youthful glow. It says it can be used 2-3 times per week. I think I use it whenever I feel I need a good hydrating mask.
What they say about the product:
” Inspired by the European bathing rituals, 100% vegan refreshing gel face mask is infused with real rose petals, rose essence, rosehip oil and organic Community Trade aloe vera. it’s formulated without parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil. Reveal skin that’s replenished with moisture and visibly smooth with a youthful dewy appearance. “
- British Rose Essence – replenishes the skin’s water reserves
- Rose petals – gentle exfoliation
- Rosehip Oil from Chile – repairing, toning the skin.
- Community Trade Organic Aloe Vera from Mexico – calming and soothing the skin
- Usage: I apply a thin layer with a brush on face and neck.
- Scent: Rose scent, sweet, a bit on the strong side if you smell it from the jar. When you apply it on your face, the smell is not strong at all, quite refreshing, like the rose after the rain.
- Texture: Gel like. Slight brownish colour with rose petal bits in it.
- Packaging: Comes in a dark brown glass jar with a cap.
- Price: 75ml – AUD 35.00
To my surprise, I found myself reaching it more and more, especially after the beach time or out in the sun for few hours. It’s very gentle and soothing on my skin and super hydrating. I leave it on about 15-20 minutes, more than it is recommended (5-10 minutes). It seems it works better if I let it stay longer on the skin.
I also love using it when I have a bath. Just apply it and let it do the work for you. All you need to do is relax and enjoy the moment. I think it’s quite a safe product since it is free of Parabens, Silicone, Paraffins and Mineral Oils. It can be used on sensitive skin (Always test it beforehand).
And yes! I will repurchase. I actually almost finished the jar. Will get another one when I pop in the mall next time. Good job, The Body Shop!