Have you tried the combination of tofu and avocado? No. I high recommend it.
Well, the truth is I was quite sceptical for this combination myself at the very beginning. I think it’s just weird. However, I know soy sauce goes well with both tofu and avocado. One of my favourite ways of having avocado is with soy sauce, lemon juice and fresh ground black pepper. Back to Tofu and avocado! The only question left was whether tofu and avocado can compliment each other. Well, there is only one way to find out, right?
Since it’s a cold dish, I just need to chop everything and make a dressing. I decided to go for soy sauce and mustard with honey. I also added a little bit of roasted almonds. I think pinenuts would be nice too. I love fried onion. You probably have seen fried onion in some of my recipes already. It just adds more rich flavour to the dish.
- Soft or Silk tofu – 350g
- Avocado – 1
- Green onion – 1 (only the green part), chopped
- Light soy sauce – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Honey – 1/2 teaspoons
- Fried onion – 1 tablespoon
- Dill – 1 teaspoon, chopped
- Toasted almond – 1/2 teaspoons, chopped
- Rinse tofu under the water briefly.
- Slice tofu into slices, not too thin though.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Peel the avocado and slice the avocado.
- Place both tofu and avocado slices together in a plate or bowl. Arrange the way you like.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, mustard and honey together. Pour into the plate.
- Garnish with green onions, dill, fried onion and toasted almonds.
- Serve and enjoy.
I ended up loving this dish. If you ever get to try it, let me know your thoughts.
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend, everyone! xx