Sometimes, all I want is a nice warm soup, like today. I woke up, and I was craving for warm soup. Soup it is then!
I had every ingredient in my kitchen. I just needed to chop everything up and cook. Blender will do the rest. It doesn’t take long to cook the sweet potato if you chop it into small cubes. It will cook in 5 minutes. Then, it probably needs another 5 mins to cook the broccoli. Grind heaps of black pepper. It makes the soup really yum.
After everything is cooked. Just blend and season. It’s ready for you. You can have it warm or cold. The chicken stock can be replaced with vegetable stock. I garnished with some chopped pistachio and fried onion. A little bit of cheese or cream would be nice too. 🙂
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
- Sweet potato – 150g, chopped into small cubes
- Broccoli – 370g, chopped
- Garlic cloves – 2, chopped
- Onion – 1/2, chopped
- Butter – 20g
- Freshly ground pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chicken stock – 2 cups
- Mint leaves – 15g, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fried onion – some for garnish, optional
- Pistachio – 8, for garnish, optional
- Baby mint leaves – for garnish
- Heat butter in a frying pan until melts. Add chopped garlic, onion, pepper. Stir occasional until soft.
- Stir in sweet potato and chick stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add broccoli. Add a little bit of water if needed. Bring to a boil and simmer until broccoli are cooked. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Puree the soup in a blender with mint leaves.
- Serve warm or cold. Garnish with baby mint leaves, chopped pistachio and fried onion.