Travel, travel and more travel. That’s all I want in my life at the moment. However, the reality is I can’t really have it all. How disappointing! But I can certainly make a list of places I want to go. Get ready and wait for the opportunity to present itself.
If you don’t know, I am originally from China. Although I had my fair share of travelling in China, there are still so many places I haven’t had the chance to visit. Here is my China travel bucket list at the moment.
I have travelled to some places, like Shanghai （上海）, Beijing （北京）, Guangzhou （广州）, Hangzhou（杭州），Suzhou (苏州）, Si Chuan (四川）, Fenghuang, Huangshan (Yellow Mountain) , The Terracotta Army, Xi An, and so on. Therefore, these places won’t be on my list anymore.
- Potala Palace in Tibet – Tibet has been on my list for as long as I can remember. I still haven’t had the chance to go. It needs a lot of preparation. Although I had done solo travel in China. I am a little bit scared to travel alone there. I am fascinated by the stories I read when I was kid and all the controversial news I heard from all sorts of social media recent years. I want to see this place with my own eyes. Then, organising a trip to Tibet with family and friends is not very easy. I can only imagine until I actually set my foot in this land.
- Qinghai – If I ever have the chance to go to Tibet, I will go through Qinghai province. The Qinghai Lake, Kunlun Mountains and Monasteies are must see. I want to see thangka. I have seen some in shops of course. It will be amazing to learn how they make it. What makes it so precious and amazing.
- Guizhou – Look at the photo. Tell me you don’t want to go? 🙂 Apparently, there are about 12 hectares verbena garden in northern Guizhou. Apart from the huge flower garden. The Huangguoshu waterfall is certainly worth a visit. It’s one of the largest waterfall in China and East Asia. It’s about 101m wide and 77.8, according to Wikipedia.
- Li River/Lijiang – I assume a lot of people have heard about Li River, 83km long river. A river cruise and a bamboo ride would be quite an experience!
- Da Li – an old town in Yunnan province. It’s charming because of its long history, ancient buildings, temples and beautiful Erhai Lake. I can’t wait to have a road trip along the Nujiang River Grand Canyon.
- Harbin Ice Festival – I used to think Harbin is the coldest places in the planet when I was a little kid. Silly, eh? Of course, I know better now. Harbin is the northernmost province in China. One of my school mates in uni is from there. He used to tell us the story about how he layered his clothes when he had to go out in the winter. They have the Ice Festival every year. Judging by the photos I have seen, it’s truly a wonderland with all the ice sculptures and lights.
- Sanya – Hainan is one of the place I want to visit in southern china. Sanya is a resort city in Hainan. Although I really like beaches, I have never visited Hainan. There are golden sand beaches and fancy resorts there. I am rather curious about this place.
Probably enough for now. There will be more. I am sure of it. Do you have a China travel bucket list? Care to share? Let me know in the comments below.
**All the photos are from Pixabay.