Hey guys, it’s Friday again! I hope you all have had an amazing week! I am really looking forward to the weekend. Just want to spend a cosy weekend at home with my husband and probably catch up with some friends too.
Life has been a little bit hectic at the moment. I haven’t had much time for cooking. I really miss it! Today, after I came back from the grocery shopping, I realised I didn’t get any bread from the bakery. I really can’t be bothered going out again. So I have a perfect excuse to warm up my oven. 🙂
I want something more than just plain bread. I want something with filling. I sautéed some potatoes with bacon and heaps of black pepper in olive oil. My Kenwood chef has to do the work to make the dough. When the dough is ready, I made eight buns with the filling I prepared. Time to let it rise again. Patience, patience and patience! I cut the top before sending them in the oven. They looked like this. See the photos below. After baked in the oven for 20 minutes, here are the buns. Delicious! I can promise you that. 😉 Will be good for tomorrow’s breakfast as well, I reckon. What do you say? 🙂
- Bread flour – 250 g
- Plain flour – 100 g
- Salt – 5 g
- lukewarm water – 190 ml
- Unsalted butter – 35 g, melted
- Sugar – 10 g
- Dry yeast – 5 g
- potatoes – 300 g
- Bacon – 50 g
- Onion – 1
- Olive oil – 1.5 teaspoons
- Thickened cream – 2 tablespoons
- Water – 3 tablespoons
- Buffalo feta – 15 g
- Salt and pepper
- Mix bread flour, plain flour, salt, lukewarm water, butter, sugar and dry yeast together in a big bowl.
- Knead the dough until soft and smooth. Set aside, cover the bowl and let it rise until double the size.
- Slice the potatoes, onions and bacon.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion first. Cook until soft.
- Add bacon to cook for 1 minute. Then, add the potatoes.
- Add 3 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons thickened cream. Stir well. Lower the heat and cook until soft.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- When it’s completely cool, break the feta into small pieces. Mix in the fillings.
- Line a baking tray.
- When the dough is ready. Punch out the air and divide it into 8 pieces. Shape into balls.
- Roll out each dough and place the fillings in the middle.
- Turn the buns over. The sealed side is underneath. Place the bun on the baking tray. Do the same to the rest of the dough and fillings.
- Leave it in a warm place and let it rise until double the size again.
- Dust the top with some flour. Use a scissor to cut the top.
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden.
Serve warm. Hope you enjoy the recipe. Have a wonderful weekend!