Hey lovelies, I hope you are having an amazing day!
Last week, I went to my local Mecca Maxima shop. Just in case you don’t know what the shop is. It is an Australian owned beauty shop. It looks like they have two types of shop that are carrying different beauty brands. One is focusing on beauty products, called Mecca Maxima. The other one is focusing on luxury brands, called Mecca Cosmetica. Although I don’t quite get the concept behind this, I do notice one probably has more fragrance brands. Anyway, they do have most of the beauty brands available in store.
They just launched their own makeup line, called Mecca Max. I think most likely they are only sold in Australia and New Zealand. I picked up two products that I am interested, the Game face BB cream SPF 30 in medium and Chic Cheek blush in Gold glow.
Game face BB cream SPF 30 – medium (AUD $26)
What they say about this product:
“This is no average BB, this is the BB BFF you need in your life – count on it to elevate weekend casualwear with wide-awake, hydrated glow; it’ll coach you through gym class with coverage nobody can see; take it on holiday to stay SPF-protected and perfected in selfies. In five gloriously natural shades to sync with your skin tone“. It’s vegan.
Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Octocrylene, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Sorbitan Stearate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Peg-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Disodium Edta. May Contain: Iron Oxides.
- Light weight.
- Comes in a plastic tube. I like the packaging. It’s very easy to control the amount of the product you use.
- It is SPF 30, with Titanium Dioxide. I love that!
- It’s not the easiest blendable product I ever used. I tried with my fingers, beauty blender and brush. I would say it blends better by using my fingers. It does take time to achieve an even application.
- The coverage is very light. Buildable. However, I will need a concealer to cover dark spots or dark circle.
- Dewy finish and hydrating.
- Long lasting, bout 4-6hrs on me.
- I am happy to use it if I don’t want a makeup day. It evens out my skin tone nicely.
Chic Cheek Blush Powder – gold glow (AUD $22)
What they say about the product:
“Fade-proof, brightening, light-diffusing pigments tune into your complexion’s undertones to bring out your natural, healthy best while giving you an extra shot of prettiness. Buffed in with a light hand, the weightless yet longwear dust gives a gently angelic, been-atyoga glow. Layer it up and get a punchy colour that goes full-scale glam or radiates more quietly from underneath fine foundation like a tint.”
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Tin Oxide.
- Really love this colour. It’s a beautiful light golden coral. I have been looking for a blush colour like that for a while.
- Blends well.
- Long lasting.
- I think it looks very good on tanned skin. I am expecting myself using it a lot in this summer.
- It gives a very healthy glow. I use it on my eyelids as well. Just a quick sweep.
If you are in Australia or New Zealand, have you tried Mecca Max products yet? How do you like it? Let me know in the comments below.