Such a windy today. I am sitting in my little study. I can hear the wind roaring. Lucky, I have a day off. I can hide in my cosy room and watch the tree branches sway and the leaves dance in the wind.
I have never been a fan for a windy winter day. It just make my dry skin feel even more drying. Foundation wouldn’t stay put. Then, everything else would become a disaster. Last year, I started using Aesop Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream during winter. It has become my holy grail winter day cream ever since. I don’t remember how I came across this cream, but I have been loving it.
I know it’s not a new product, but I would recommend it for the ones who have dry skin to try it.
Aesop claims Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating cream is
“ a nourishing daily moisturising cream for dry or sensitive skin. The complex blend of nut and plant extracts in this extensively researched formulation absorbs swiftly, providing anti-oxidant fortification and richly nourishing hydration without a weighty after-feel. Superbly emollient cold-pressed Macadamia Nut oil softens the skin, while Camellia Nut oil and Chamomile oil pacify irritation and patchiness.”
The main ingredients are Aloe Vera, Camellia Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil and Soybean Oil.
Full ingredients list:
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Ormenis Multicaulis Oil, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Beta-Carotene, Farnesol, Linalool, d-Limonene. Contains nut oils.
- Usage: I have the 120ml jar. It lasts me whole winter without any problem. I use a little spoon to get some out and massage it into my face and neck every morning after I wash my face. It’s the last step of my morning routine before I apply sun block.
- Scent: It has nutty and woody smell. I would say it’s on the strong side. I didn’t quite like it at the beginning. Then, I got used to it after a while.
- Texture: Medium weight, rich and creamy. The cream is yellow with a matte finish. Can be a bit greasy in summer time. Easily absorbed by my skin in winter time.
- Packaging: It comes in a brown apothecary jar with a black lid. Looks chic though.
- Price: 60ml – AUD 53.00 and 120ml – AUD 73.00
My dry skin loves it in the winter. It absorbs quickly with a matte finish. It does the job perfectly – hydrating my skin. Works well under makeup. I had flu a couple of weeks ago. The skin around my nose were flaky in the morning. After I applied the cream, it kept the flaky area hydrated all day. It very well passed the test. My skin feels soft and nourished for sure.
For summer, personally I do feel it’s a little bit on the heavy and rich side. It takes longer for my skin to absorb the cream. I think I will just use it in the cold months.
Will I purchase it again? Yes.