Who doesn’t like travel? Raise your hand please. I am 99% sure pretty much everyone loves to travel to new places, see new things, and try different food. Travel is certainly exciting. However, in order to have a nice and pleasant trip, it takes a lot of preparation and planning.
I remember when we went to Fraser Island, I thought I would just pack in the morning since it was just a weekend. It was summer too. I thought it would be easy. Then, we got up the next day morning very early. I packed my things before my first morning coffee. I forgot to take something light to protect myself from the sun. I was doing beach fishing. There was no where to hide from the sun. I ended up with some sunburn. I did put sunblock every two hours. However, the sun was way too strong. Lesson learned!
I thought I put a list together for myself and for you. Just a reminder for the ones who love to travel. I will not talk about booking for accommodation and plane tickets here. Just other bits and bobs. 🙂
- If you plan to travel overseas, make sure your passport has more than 6 months validity from your return date. Don’t forget the visa if needed!
- Notify your bank re you travel plan for your credit card and debit card. In this case, you won’t get a nasty surprise when you use your credit card abroad.
- Organise a travel insurance. I know some people don’t think it’s necessary. We always have one.
- Organise a pet sitter or book a pet motel for your fur babies if you have any. I know how hard it is to leave your pets. Make sure there is an emergency contact number for them to reach you or your family. And make sure your pets have proper vaccination.
- If you plan to hire a car, get an international driver licence.
- Share your travel plan details with your family, parents, close friends, like hotel and flights info. They will know where you are roughly.
- Prepare some emergency cash in the right currency. Small notes preferably.
- Pack everything you need the day before. Don’t leave it to the last minute. You can even write down a checklist for the things you need to pack.
- Pack some clothes in your carry-on bag. Sometimes, the airline can lose your luggage mysteriously.
- Pack adapters for your phone, pad, tablet or any devices. Don’t forget the chargers!
- Check the weather of the place you are going to travel and pack proper clothes.
- Get a roaming service for your mobile. You don’t have to use it. You can always get a local sim. I prefer to have it for emergency. Let your family know you arrive in the destination safely.
- Maybe get a copy of your passport. I always have one with me. Just in case!
Anything else? Please feel free to add in the comments!
BTW, I found this short video I took on the street when we were in Florence. Hope you like it. xx