It has been raining for days here. I enjoy a rainy day from time to time. I would brew a pot of tea and read a good book. However…after two, three, four, five days of rain, I usually start to have sad and miserable feeling. It’s really humid and WET! I am pretty sure my poor dog and cats share the same feeling since they can’t run and play at our backyard.
Anyway, life goes on. We need rain. It’s good for the lawn, the trees, the flowers and many other things. Don’t forget the rainbow! 🙂 In order to cheer myself up, I do what I usually do…baking! Bake something that smells delightful and tastes yummy. What would that be? The cranberry butter cookies.
These cookies are so easy to make. All you need to do is just beat the butter and mix the rest of ingredients together. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. You will have delicious cookies ready for you.
- All purpose flour – 200g
- Dried cranberries – 80g, chopped
- Egg yolks – 3
- Skim milk powder – 15g
- Unsalted butter – 80g (room temperature)
- Caster sugar – 50g
- Egg – 1, to make egg wash
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Chop the cranberries into small pieces and set aside.
- Beat the butter with sugar and milk powder until fluffy and light.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time. Mix well.
- Add sifted flour and chopped cranberries, knead the dough until it comes together.
- Roll the dough out between two baking sheets.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the shape you like.
- Place on the baking tray and brush with some egg wash.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack completely.