Happy Friday, guys! I hope you all have had a good week so far.
I am going to talk about the benefits of a facial massage today. I am a big believer. I have incorporated it in my daily skin care routine for years. I found it not only helps me with my sleep but also makes my skin healthy and glowing. I believe there are plenty of benefits from a daily facial massage. For example:
- Anti-ageing – facial massage increases blood and oxygen circulation to improve fine lines around eyes and mouth. As we all know, our body produces less and less collagen as we age. Facial massage helps to increase collagen production during the process.
- Detoxing – When doing facial massage, it helps to push lymph fluid through our system by increasing muscle movement. In that way, it helps to improve drainage and remove toxin from our face.
- Improve skin care products absorption – when we do facial massage with skin care products, it helps to absorb the products better.
- Glowing and plump complexion – facial massage increases circulation, which gives a natural glow on the skin afterwards.
- Relax muscles – No matter who you are, you would go through emotions and stress in any ordinary day. Giving yourself a facial massage before bed time to relax your face muscles is a good way to rewind. It also prepares you for a good night sleep.
Although I don’t really like other people touch my face, I do love a good facial massage from a salon. I have done so in the past, and I will go to a beauty salon again in the future. However, a good facial massage from a reputed beauty salon can break your bank. There is no way I do it on a daily basis. The good news is there are so many self-massage tools available on the market.
Yu Ling Jade Roller
I have used a jade roller for years (not this particular brand). I love it because it really helps to reduce the puffiness around my eyes. You can leave it in the fridge overnight and use it next morning. The small side is perfect for eyes while the large end can be used on the face and neck.
ReFa Carat Roller
If you have followed my instagram, you probably knew I upgraded my jade facial roller to a Rafa Carat roller a month ago. I have been loving it. This little thing is sold 5 million globally. It’s not cheap though. However, it has deep kneading and squeezing motion which tone and tighten the skin. The bonus is that it can be used everywhere on your body, not just the face and neck. I love to use it to relax my muscle after I workout. I also use it to massage my husband’s neck and back. He loves it too.
Oils of Life Twin-Ball Facial Massager
It looks a lot like the ReFa Roller, but so much cheaper. It is designed to be used on face only. I think it came out with The Body Shop Oils of Life product range. I have never tired it, but I have read good reviews about it.
Nurse Jamie Uplift Facial Massaging Beauty Roller
This is another one that can be used on face and body. Its hexagonal barrel with 24 tourmaline stones helps to stimulate skin cells. If you a fan of Tati on youtube, you know she loves it.
Sarah Chapman Skinesis Facialift
This massager has 8 heads and 48 intensely massaging nodules. When you push and roll the device over your skin, it says it will contour your face, enhance circulation and prevent jawline breakouts.
Whatever tool you use for your facial massage, just be sure to massage upward to against the gravity. It’s preferable to massage from inside towards outside of the face. I normally use the roller with facial oil. In that way, it will not drag my dry skin. Meantime, my skin is nourished by the facial oil. I promise you the whole process is very soothing. It only takes about 10 minutes before bed time, and you will enjoy a long-term benefit.
Thanks for reading. I hope you find this post helpful. Let me know in the comments. xx