Hey guys. I hope you are having an amazing day. I have a sweet soft bread recipe to share with you today.
It looks like my desire for soft bread is still going strong. Last week, I used some hazelnut spread to make this sweet bread as my afternoon snack. When I said it’s sweet, it was actually not that sweet. I am watching my sugar intake. Anyway, all the sweet taste came from the organic honey I added in the filling. It’s just perfect with a cup of tea in the afternoon.
Apart from honey and hazelnut spread, I added some cream cheese as well to give it a rich texture. If you like it sweeter, you can add some brown sugar, rice malt syrup or just add more honey. I used a round baking tray to shape the bread into a flower and garnished with some almond slivers. Feel free to use almond flakes if you prefer.
The bread can be eaten cold or warm. I prefer to have something warm in a cold day. It’s getting a bit chill here lately. I envy all of you out there who are enjoying a warm summer day. 🙂
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Warm milk – 3/4 cup
- Milk powder – 15g
- Cream – 25g
- Instant yeast – 1/2 tablespoon
- Caster sugar – 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Egg – 1, slightly beaten (egg wash)
- Almond slivers – some to garnish
- Cream cheese – 150g
- Cream – 20g
- Honey – 30g
- Almond meal – 35g
- Hazelnut spread – 30g
- Add flour, milk powder, instant yeast, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add warm milk and cream in the mixture. Stir to combine. Knead the dough until soft and smooth.
- Cover the bowl and let it rise until doubled the size.
- Prepare the filling: add cream cheese, cream, honey, hazelnut spread and almond meal in a small bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Grease a round baking tray.
- Prepare a lightly floured workplace. Remove the dough from the bowl when it’s ready.
- Roll out the dough to a rectangle shape. Spread the cream cheese mixture with a spoon. Leave some space around the edges.
- Roll up. Slice the dough in half. Don’t cut all the way. Leave one end uncut.
- Twist the dough over to each other. Pinch the other end to seal.
- Coil it up from one side and place it in the round baking tray.
- Spread some olive oil and cover to rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Brush some egg wash on top before baking. Garnish with almond slivers.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
I hope you get a chance to try it. If you do, let me know in the comments. Have you seen my crisp chocolate cookies recipe? If not, you can check it out here.
Thanks for stopping by. xx