Hi guys, I hope you are having a lovely day!
Have your tried the new primer from Becca? My primer was running low last month. So I thought it was time to get a new one. I came across the Becca First Light Priming Filter. Wow, look at the colour!
This primer is described as a “skin-awakening primer that instantly erases the signs of a bad face day to leave the complexion fresh, awake and hydrated” by Becca. It comes in a frosted glass bottle with a pump. I love the packaging. Very chic!
Don’t get intimidated by the colour. Violet/Purple can neutralise dullness and yellow colour in skin-tone, and it has brightening effect. I used a violet colour loose powder from Anna Sui years ago.
When I got this primer, I couldn’t help to try it out right away. I noticed an instant natural looking glow on my skin right after I applied it. It felt like I just had a great night sleep. The skin also looked very well hydrated. I have been using Mac Face & Body for the past few weeks since it has been really hot. The foundation went on very well on top of the primer. After few hours, my skin still looked radiant in the afternoon. I am in love with the feeling that my skin looks youthful and very well moisturised.
From Becca’s website, it claims that the key ingredients are:
- Prickly Pear Flower, mineral rich spring water and Sodium Hyaluronate: hydrate and revive the skin.
- Ginger: energizes the complexion.
- Fresh citrus: awaking smell.
Free of: Parabens, Sulfates, Pthalates
It uses Cool Light Technology to scatter the violet light, which evens out skin imperfection.
- Usage: I used half pump under my foundation/CC/BB cream in the morning.
- Scent : pleasant, very light, almost unnoticeable.
- Texture : light. It goes on smoothly and blends very well.
- Finish : the product is absorbed by my skin quickly. The finish is sort of satin finish, not oily, just a healthy glow.
It gives me a natural dewy and radiant look. My skin feels well moisturised, but not oily. It lasts about 6 hours on me. My foundation looks better. My skin looks healthier and brighter. It’s definitely a keeper for me!
If you like a natural healthy looking glow, I would recommend you to try it out. However, if you like matte looking, you probably want to give it a miss.