A friend of mine introduced me to her succulents last year. I immediately fell in love. They are so cute and pretty. The most encouraging thing is that they are not too hard to take care of. You don’t need to invest a lot of time and patience to grow succulents. They are really low maintenance. I guess I found my type of plant finally.
My succulent collection has been growing. I am not saying I didn’t kill any succulents. As a matter of fact, I did. Sadly, quite a few at the very beginning.
Then, I learned few things about them.
- Not all of them like a lot of sun like I thought. Sufficient but indirect sunlight probably is the best.
- They like to grow in well-drained soil, but good in the pots without drainage holes as well.
- I learned how to water them. I generally water my succulents every 3-4 days in summer and less in the cold season. For the ones in the pots without any drainage holes, I water them with much less water.
- Try not to water the leaves, just the soil. Otherwise, if the water sits on the leaves, it seems that they intend to rot.
- I also grow the baby succulents. Pull some leaves out and lay them on the foot of the big succulents. They just grow like that. 🙂
So much joy just by looking at them. Sometimes, they surprise you with beautiful flowers. Very rewarding! 🙂