One thing we enjoy very much in Australia is the seafood. Australia has the third largest fishing zone in the world. You can always find you favourite seafood in the market. We love tuna, swordfish, salmon, prawns and scallops. From time to time, we like to try some new fish.
Red emperor has been our favorite for the past few weeks. We normally get a whole fish from the shop. Then, we would have two nice fillets and the rest for a fish soup.
Today’s recipe is a simple easy oven cooked red emperor fillet with potatoes. I am not taking the credit. It’s my husband’s recipe. It’s delicious and easy to make. The fillet always turns out so tender and juicy. I absolutely love it. He is quite happy for me to share the recipe here with you guys. I hope you like it. 🙂
- 1 or 2 red emperor fillets – about 600g
- potatoes – 6
- olive oil – 60ml
- lemon – 1 1/2
- garlic cloves – 4
- soy sauce – 30ml
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare a baking tray.
- Pour half of the olive oil in the tray.
- Score the fish fillet few times.
- Place the fish in the tray.
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks. Put the potatoes in the baking try around the fish fillet. Salt and spray some oil on the potatoes.
- Blend the garlic, soy sauce and rest of the olive oil in a blender.
- Pour the sauce over the fish fillet. Add some black pepper on top.
- Cook in the oven for 40 minutes or until the fish is golden.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!