I love rice. If I don’t have rice for a week, I feel something is missing in my life. I also love the smell of a pineapple and its sweet juicy taste. So when these two ingredients get together, the result is always wonderful and delicious.
I cook the pineapple fried rice at home from time to time. It’s always different every time depends on what kind of vegetable I have in my kitchen.
Now, this is just one version of the pineapple fried rice. You can always improvise when you cook, replace bacon with ham or chicken, use diced tomato, diced red bell pepper, sweet corns, or throw in some chilli flakes if you like a little bit of spicy flavor. Make it the way you like! 🙂
- eggs – 2, beaten with a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of water
- pineapple – 1/4, diced
- green onions – 2, sliced
- bacon – 80g, diced
- Oyster sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Frozen peas – 1/2 cup
- cooked rice – 2 cups
- Olive oil – 1/2 tablespoon (to cook the eggs)
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice to drizzle (optional)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. I like to put one slice of green onion to test if the oil is hot enough. Once the onion starts sizzling, add the eggs. Stir from time to time until the eggs are lightly cooked. Transfer to a bowl.
- Clean the frying pan and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add 2/3 of the green onions and cook until the onions become soft. Stir often.
- Add the bacon and cook for about 30 seconds. Then, add the peas. Cook until the peas are tender. Stir frequently.
- Stir in rice, pineapple, oyster sauce, and cooked eggs. Make sure all the ingredients mix well. Reduce the heat. Stir constantly until the rice is heated well. About 2-3 minutes.
- When it’s almost cooked, add the rest of the green onions. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl/plate and drizzle some lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.