What do you do when you stress out? How do you deal with all the stress? Exercises, music, reading, eating comfort food?
I know what I do. Whenever I am in a stressful situation, I typically would either loss my appetite or eat more food with high sugar content, like cookies, cereals and ice cream. I know, I know. It is really bad. I have done that so many times. I normally end up put on extra kilos.
For the past few weeks, I have had a super busy time. Since I was fully aware of my bad habit, I took an action to prevent me from overeating sugar this time. I made some cucumber muffins to be my quick breakfast/snack solution. I wanted something with less sugar and oil, but it had to be nice enough that I was happy to eat. Here we go. These cucumber muffins did help me to go through the stressful time without gaining any extra weight.
It has very little oil and sugar. It’s not the normal buttery type of muffin obviously. I think it’s also good when you try to loose few kilos or on diet.
- egg – 1
- cucumber – 1/2 cup, grated
- mint leaves – 1 tablespoon, chopped
- olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- organic rice malt syrup – 30ml
- all-purpose flour – 1 cup
- cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- nutmeg powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- raisins – 1/4 cup
- walnuts – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Pepitas to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180ºc.
- Grate the cucumber, mix well with egg, olive oil, mint and syrup in a large bowl.
- Sift the dry ingredients and fold into the bowl.
- Add the raisins and walnuts. Mix well.
- Prepare a muffin tray and fill 3/4 full. Decorate some pepitas on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool on rack.