I so much love ribs. I am not a big meat eater, but I would have ribs anytime. This recipe is so simple to make, but the result is super good. The meat will be tender and tasty you wouldn’t believe. It will fall off the bone. Just be prepared. 😀
- pork ribs – 500g
- Ground ginger – teaspoon
- Ground garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Green onion/shallot – 2, sliced.
- Oyster sauce – 1 tablespoon
- soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Dark soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- honey – 1 teaspoon
- rice wine – 1 tablespoon (or you can use red wine)
- salt and pepper
- Cut between the bones and separate the individual ribs.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Make sure everything is very well mixed.
- Cover the bowl and leave it in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours.
- Before cooking. Preheat the oven to 220ºC
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the ribs in the baking dish and cover it with another piece of aluminum foil.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Take the baking tray out and remove the aluminum foil cover. (Be careful, don’t burn yourself).
- Put the baking tray back into the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes, vegetables or rice.