Lately, I started getting more and more interested in savoury muffins. A lot of experiments are going on in our kitchen. It’s very interesting to get to use whatever ingredients I have in the kitchen to make savoury muffins. They are very good for breakfast and afternoon snacks. If I cook too many, I can just freeze them and leave to later. Maybe I am just getting lazy. It is a quick solution for breakfast though when you need to get up and go.
We always have a pack of frozen spinach and feta cheese in the fridge. They are kind of like necessities in our kitchen. We never run out of the two ingredients. Then, I found some bacon and cured meat. I thought bacon would be more appropriate in this case.
So, here is the easy peasy recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 pack of frozen cutted spinach (250g)
- 50g bacon, chopped finely
- 50g sun dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 130g feta, grated (not easy, do you best)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg
- 310ml skim milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped finely (I so much like fresh herbs…)
- 60g butter, melted
- salt and black pepper
- some extra grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to 200°c. Line muffin tray with muffin paper cases if you like. Otherwise, just grease the muffin tray.
- Put all the ingredients in a big mixing bowl and stir to combine well.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Sprinkle with the extra Parmesan cheese. I made 6 with Parmesan cheese on top and 6 without it.
- Bake for around 20 minutes. Cool on the rack and serve warm. Enjoy!
Hope you like it! 🙂