My first ever post! Yeah! How exciting!!
I have been thinking about my first post for a while. When I was making my lunch today, I thought why not. The Quinoa salad is one of my favorite salads, yummy, healthy, and fresh. I can eat tons of it. So here we go.
I prefer white quinoa. I think it has better texture and taste. I can mix it with anything I have fresh in my kitchen, fruit, vegetables, nuts, and different herbs. Here is the recipe for my lunch today.
- white quinoa – 60g
- chicken stock/water – 120ml
- lettuce leaf – 2
- carrot – 1
- onion – 1/4
- red capsicum – 1/4
- Honeydew melon/apple/pear (any fruit you like) – 1 slice
- fresh parsley and mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- black pepper
- light soy sauce
- lemon juice
- Soak the quinoa for 5 minutes, drain. Add the quinoa and chicken stock (water) in a saucepan. When it boils, cover the pot and reduce to a simmer to cook for about 15 mins.
- While cooking the quinoa, cut the lettuce, carrot, onion, capsicum and melon finely.
- Toss the salad together in a salad bowl and add salt, olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper and soy sauce. Toss the salad with the dressing and taste. You might like to add a little bit more oil or lemon juice as you desired.